Hello People: I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award.
So, I had never head of the Liebster Award. I know Liebster is a German word which roughly means “beloved”. So I guess the award goes to the most “beloved” blogger. Basically, a blogger has to nominate you, you have to answer their questions, you have to nominate others, and then pose questions of your own for your nominees to answer. Actually sounds like fun, and hopefully, we all end up with more followers, and some exciting new blogs to follow!
So….I’m doing this in steps.
First, the Rules are here : Liebster Award 2018
Next, I am thanking MrsRamsJams who nominated me. She is a fellow Meniere’s sufferer, and reads as many books as I do! Not sure a thank you is in order yet, but, we shall see
Okay, Ten Random Facts About Myself:
- I am a caffeine-free diet pepsi freak.
- My husband and I are owned by two rescue shih-tzus named Oscar and Blue. Occasionally they allow us access to the whole bed.
- I bounce off a lot of walls….but I blame Meniere’s disease.
- I play a lot of Facebook games. No, I am not an addict. Hmmm…okay, I may be an addict.
- Almost everything I eat lands on my chest. Oscar cleans me up.
- This is my second marriage. We don’t all get it right the first time around. But, we do learn to choose better 🙂
- I have Meniere’s disease, and am diabetic. My sugars are higher when my Meniere’s is acting up. My Meniere’s is always acting up.
- I don’t drink alcohol. See number 3.
- I am a life-long reader, thanks to my Mom. She started me on Nancy Drew, and then Hercule Poirot. Why didn’t I get to read children’s books???? It’s okay, I’m making up for it.
- I am a Harry Potter fanatic. Read the series every year, watch the movies every year. Make references to the books all the time.
Ten Answers to the Questions MrsRamsJams posed:
- What genre of book would you be and why? In the morning I would be horror – I am truly scary without my coffee and time to myself.
- What is one battle you struggle with daily? Maintaining an up-right position – due to Meniere’s.
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go? I don’t travel (other than in books), and love my current surroundings. Although The Shire sounds nice!
- What character trait do you envy most in other people? Why? Self-confidence. I have always been very shy, and fear I will make a fool out of myself (and that was before Meniere’s and the possibility of throwing up on some strangers shoes).
- What TV show is your guilty pleasure? The Walking Dead – and I have no guilt.
- How do you aspire to be a better you? By reading more, and by putting myself out there…like answering these questions without being afraid my answers will offend, or sounds stupid.
- What’s your favorite book of all time? Not possible. I’d probably start with The Stand by Stephen King, go to To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, the Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson, the whole Harry Potter series, and then whatever I am reading at the time. Sorry, can’t answer this one.
- Why did you decide to blog? I love to read. I want other people to love books as much as I do. I want to share my reviews in the hope that one person will pick up a book and enjoy it as much as I do.
- What makes you smile? My husband. I can’t believe he puts up with me.
- What kitchen appliance is your archnemesis? Can opener. Manual or electric. They don’t work for me. I cannot figure out how to start.
Okay, next. I nominate the following bloggers:
- Chaz @ Life of Chaz
- Mama Cass @ Aspen Trees Book Reviews
- Sarah Lockwood @ Critiquing Chemist
- Thad @ Baking Thad Books
- FNM @ FNM Book Reviews and More
- Anne @ I’ve Read This
These are my questions to be answered by my Nominees….if they accept the challenge. This was a lot more fun than I thought it may be. It looks pretty daunting, but wasn’t.
- What do you do when you aren’t blogging?
- Do you read the book before the seeing the movie?
- Do you have a weird habit, and what is it?
- If you wrote your autobiography, what would you call it?
- What’s your favorite piece of playground equipment and why?
- What cartoon character would you like to see as a political candidate?
- Where does your mind travel to just before sleep?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- If your home was a cardboard box, what would you call it?
- What is the strangest gift you have ever given?
That’s it. Thanks for reading, and thanks again to MrsRamsJams for nominating me!